User-agent: * Disallow: / I breathe, therefore I blog.: 2008

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

Inspired by his list:

Invest some of my time and energies somewhere other than school.

Go outside. Drink in nature.

Write more letters.

Buy a bike, and ride to work at least once a month.


Be more intentional about community. Spend much less time alone. Spend at least one evening each week away from home.

Be more flexible.

Entertain in my home more often. Have lots of dinner parties, and learn that every detail doesn’t have to be perfect. Maybe even use paper plates once.

Travel to Chicago to visit the Rogers, even if it means teaching summer school.

Go to the theatre more often. Speaking of theatre: travel to Portland this summer when I go to Ashland. Visit Dave, if he's still there.

Support local businesses, rather than conglomerates when possible.

Decrease my carbon footprint. Figure out what that means.

Read more books and spend less time reading blogs.

Attend a film festival.

Explore who I am spiritually. Actually go to church this year. Find community there. Be honest about my unbelief, and be open to overcoming it. Realize that my spiritual well-being is more important than my reputation at church.

Read his and hers, too. Don't forget about hers. Let me know if you're making a list at your blog. I'll add you to this list, or you can share your list in the comments. Peace!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You inspire me. First thing on my list...make a list.

Mark said...

I love you so much my dear friend! We would LOVE a visit anytime. Thanks for your thoughtful list - I am inspired to do the same. It was so very good to see you last week, even if briefly. Thanks for being such a great lifer friend.

Stephanie

Breanna said...

I love your list as well- truly inspirational.

Keith said...

You make me want to write, my friend. I appreciate your honesty more than anything, especially with regard to that last point. I know it is difficult to fight off apathy -- and that it can be a long struggle. Thank you for your words and the stitching of them into the fabric of our friendship. I hope '08 surpasses any expectation you might have.

Michael Baker said...

That's a good looking list. The only thing is, you really should treat yourself and ride bike to work every dry day. There's nothing more fun than dodging newly licensed drivers through the parking lot after a minimum day.